Thursday, March 13, 2014

This and That

Kristen

Running has not been easy as of late.  I know I sound like a broken record but really-still winter.  We did have a few nice days and what a difference it makes in the running.  Overall though, I am not getting the miles that my plan requires and I am not the least bit stressed.  I have 11 weeks and I figure as long as I get my long runs, speed workouts and tempo runs I will be fine.  It may not be pretty, but it will be a start into the marathon world.

Heidi and I have started planning our fall race schedule.  It cracks me up that while we are still in winter, we have already missed out on registering for races for next winter-it's a weird humor I know.  What great races are out there though that you would recommend?

Something that drives me crazy is when I am out running and say hi to my neighbors and they ignore me.  It boggles my mind.  Really, you either think you so much better than me to bother with a hello or you are seriously that rude that you can't be bothered.  It's one syllable-2 letters, a nod or quick wave even.  I run past this group of 5-7 ladies who stand outside long after the bus picks up their kids.  Really I do all I can to avoid them, but sometimes, I haven't timed things just so.  Anyway, I literally run 2 feet past them and say hi every single time and not one of them will acknowledge me. 

I took my kids to the playground yesterday to kill 10 minutes before I had to drop off my son.  In that 10 minutes, my daughter jumped down from the monkey bars and bashed her foot.  She wasn't in extreme pain but she also couldn't bear weight.  I took her for x-rays this afternoon-thankfully it's not broken.  She is in a boot for at least a week.  Sadly, she just started Girls on the Run this week.  Softball starts tonight.  I'm hoping for a quick recovery.  The school she attends has their cafeteria in the dungeon basement of the school.  I can't wait to hear how that works out for her, considering there is no elevator. 

Heidi and I took the bikes out for the first time the other day.  It was awesome until she blew a tire-literally the tire popped.  I thought for a second she was going to crash.  We really need to learn how to change tires. 

workout quotes, fitness fitness quotes fitness motivation runner running 
I need to remember this...

No comments:

Post a Comment