Thursday, March 6, 2014

What I Have Learned in 38 Years

Kristen

Well, today I celebrate 38 years on this planet.  And by celebrate I mean drive my kids around, run a speed workout and daydream of spring.  I always love the blog posts of what people have learned at their birthdays so I thought I would share a few of mine.

1. Be kind.  It's not hard and I promise it will make you feel better.

2. Exercise.  I'm starting to hear the grumblings from those around me who are my age about how their bodies are starting to ache and not work as well.  Take care of it and it will take care of you.  I truly feel as if my body is not 38.

3.  Laugh.  Find the joy in life and when there is no joy laugh anyway.

4.  Be positive.  No one has an easy life, but don't let that bring you down.  I complain as much as the next person but then I find the upside to every situation.

5.  Surround yourself with good friends.  I may not have a ton of friends but the ones I do have I cherish.  I know they will be there for me for anything.

6.   Go to bed early.  I just have to say I love my bed.  I may even go to be earlier than the kids sometimes.  But then I am very productive the next day.  There is nothing better to me than being in bed by 9 and getting up for a 4:30 run in the summer-knowing your run is over and you are showered before most people are even thinking about getting up.

7.  Travel.  Go see the world.  There is so much to see and do.  I love seeing a new part of the world through my children's eyes.

8.  Let it go.  Don't beat yourself up over little things.  We all make mistakes.  Let people go who bring you down.  Don't compare yourself with what everyone else is doing-you are created to be you.

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you.: Buddha, such a great quote!

Positive Thoughts, Positive Life: Quotes To Live By 
Have a great day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment