Thursday, March 27, 2014

Fast Metabolism Diet

Kristen

Heidi has been talking about this "diet" she's been doing to anyone who will listen.  I've loved the theory behind it, but I always said I can not give up coffee-meaning, I am not willing to give up coffee.  The premise behind this "diet", is to totally clean out your system of all junk and start over.  It's a 4 week plan with 3 sections of eating to each week.  Heidi has been losing some serious weight buy eating in this way.

I saw the book at the library yesterday and decided to read it.  Well, from what the books says, along with watching Heidi, I decided that maybe my morning coffee could be put on hold for 28 days.  I enjoy a challenge and eating completely clean and fresh for 28 days seems to fit the bill.  Please follow along and see where it takes me...

The Night before:
I'll admit, I wasn't totally sold on the no coffee even still, so I set up my pot for the morning and decided maybe it should be a game time decision.  I had no idea what I was going to eat all day as my frig was pretty barren, but I figured I could figure all that out in the morning.  I spent about an hour before bed looking at the daily meal plans and thinking that this is just what I need.

Day 1:
My husband woke up a few minutes before me.  Normally, when this happens I tell him to start my coffee.  This morning I didn't say anything.  The thing with this plan is that you have to eat within 30 minutes of waking up, so I figured I would just trade my coffee for oatmeal.  Normally,  I wait at least 2 hours before eating breakfast and then I am so famished I can barely stand.

I made a bowl of plain oatmeal and added blueberries.  While it was no where near as tasty as my granola or even my coffee, it wasn't the worst thing in the world to eat.

After I got the kids to school I ran 5 miles and then realized it was already snack time.  Along with eating 3 meals you also get 2 snacks a day.  You are supposed to be eating every 3 hours.  I ate an apple while I figured out what I wanted to eat all week, then decided to also eat a clementine, since this shopping was going to take awhile.

Following the plan, I should have been eating lunch at 11:30.  I didn't get home from the store until 12:30.  Normally, with having eaten only a bowl of oatmeal I would be starving.  I felt pretty good.  Once I got the bulk of the groceries put away, I made an Ezekiel wrap filled with vegetables and chicken.  Again, it was a little bland without any dressing, but nothing I couldn't survive.  I also had a nice bowl of watermelon. 

I had a few strawberries as I was getting dinner ready as my second snack.  I really wasn't hungry so I kept to a few.  By dinner though I was starving.  I made spaghetti and meat sauce.  I used rice noodles and decided I did not feel like boiling 2 pots of water, so everyone was going to eat rice noodles.  No one seemed to notice anything amiss.  I ate green beans and applesauce with it, not realizing that I was not allowed a fruit.  Oh well.  After dinner, I was still very hungry for quite a while.  I should have made a salad but the thought of no dressing is not overly appetizing to me.

Overall, not a bad first day.  I did not feel hungry most of the day.  I would have loved to have some sugar or coffee, but definitely don't feel as if I would die without it.  I am slightly hungry now, but nothing terrible.  I drank all my water and then some.  I have felt really thirsty all day-not sure what that means.  On to Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment