Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quick Rundown

Kristen

Well, we just got home from Disneyland.  I have a lot to say on the subject of the race and also Disneyland as a whole, but I have pictures to download and wash to do.  I overslept this morning while assuming we would have a 2 hour delay.  I turned all the alarms off last night.  What a race to get out the door in time-but we managed it. 

Anyway, it was a fantastic trip.  The race was awesome.  What I want to touch on briefly today is that your goals are possible.  I know I have talked before about how miserable a runner I was in high school.  The church run we used to do was probably only about 2 miles long.  I would dread it all day.  ALL DAY. 

But here I am 21 years later and it seems almost silly that the voice of my coach and the voice in my head held me back for so long.  My training for Sunday's race was not quite where I wanted it to be.  We flew in on Friday, so I was tired, probably slightly dehydrated and my diet was not fantastic Friday and Saturday. 

Having said that-I finished in the top 3%!  If you are struggling with a goal, it can be done.  It takes work.  It takes heart.  Sometimes it takes everything I have to give.  If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would finish a half marathon in the top 3% of all runners I would have laughed.  I am still in a little bit of shock over the whole thing, but what if?

What if next year I can run faster still?
What if I take my diet to the next level?
What if I actually follow a training plan?
What if I start to believe in myself?
Running~ motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment