Sunday, January 26, 2014

Friday

Kristen

Our day started EARLY!  Our flight left Philadelphia at 9, which means we left our house at 5:45.  In good traveling fashion, we decided to make good use of our time and have Bloody Marys on the flight out.  Let me tell you how quickly our time passed!  Our flight attendants were awesome-they gave us 2 free drinks each and were just so cool.
Anyway, we finally landed in sunny California around 1:30.  The only way I can describe California after being stuck in winter for the last 2 months is bright.  I felt like I was in a black and white movie and finally stepped into color.  Everything was just so vividly bright.  It was wonderful.  We had to wait at the airport for about 20 minutes, where Heidi decided it would be totally appropriate to paint her toenails.  I sat there and enjoyed the warm weather on my skin.
 

Once at our hotel, we changed into shorts and headed over to the race expo.  I have to say that the signage on where to go was not very good.  We wandered aimlessly for about 20 minutes before we finally found the sign telling us where we needed to go-of course we had to go underground!
I'm not sure why we couldn't find this random sign!

We got our measly race packets and then our tickets to the park-5 day park hopper anyone-and we headed back upstairs to the "real" part of the expo.  Heidi got to talking to someone who told her that it had been so hot in the mornings-70-75 degrees.  Well, I did not pack race gear for a summer run, so I'm in a panic about what I am going to wear.  I buy a pair of shorts and think about a tank top.  We head over to see Another Mother Runner who give us an awesome 3 pack of socks-thanks ladies!!  Then we go check out the Run Disney stuff.  I have to say that though I know it is a Tinkerbell event, there was not a lot of choices in terms of what to buy.  I did get a headband-they are my favorite-but I was really hoping for something else and frankly they didn't have it!
We left the expo and walked back to the hotel-our room was finally ready!  We unpacked and hung out for awhile, then decided since it was only 5:00 to head over to Disneyland.  We walked the extremely long way and headed inside.  Now I realize we were starting to get tired, hungry and maybe slightly cranky, but I really felt as if we couldn't see a thing in Disneyland-it was just so dark!  I have never been to an amusement park that was so dark before.

Our awesome hotel!

We wandered around in the dark for awhile trying to get our bearings-never happened.  Finally, we decided to get something to eat-a chili bread bowl.  I don't know if this is a California thing or a Disneyland thing, but a good majority of their food comes in bread bowls.  I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan.  It seemed OK for some things, but I really sometimes wanted some soup without a loaf of bread on the side...just sayin.

Anyway, after we ate, we wandered a bit more.  We rode Pirates of the Caribbean, which I have to say I like better than the Disney World version.  We also rode the Jungle Cruise-can't say I've ever ridden that at night, and went through Tarzan's house.  By then we were both exhausted, so we walked back to our hotel and crashed for the night.  It may have only been 7:00, but it's only vacation right?
 
Because every tree house has a ship's wheel in it right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment