Monday, January 13, 2014

Less Than A Week Till Tink...

Heidi
 
So it is Monday, six days out from my second half marathon, Tink.  I haven't run outside since New Year's Day due to the crazy weather we have had...snow, sleet, freezing rain, crazy wind, rain and let's not forget the day it was 5 degrees without the wind chill.  Today is a high of 55 and I can't wait to run outside.  If I had to face that stupid treadmill one more day, I might cry.  Seriously. 
 
Unfortunately, my knee issue is acting up again.  I haven't had a long run in over three weeks and there isn't any time left to get it in before the 19th.  So we shall see how this run today goes.  As for the race, I am going to pray and hope for the best.  I originally wanted to be under 3 hours but since I am not fully prepared for this race like I wanted to be, my new goal is to finish.  Perhaps under what I did at the Rock and Roll Philly Half.  That is all I can hope for.  It is what it is.  Really though...I AM GOING TO DISNEYLAND.  Who cares about this race, right??
 
Oh and I decided to buy a sparkly green skirt and dress up as Tinkerbell for this race.  Sort of.  I will be in green anyway.  Ha Ha.  It is going to be hilarious.  I didn't buy wings though.  I don't think I've earned them yet.  Just saying.  Kristen was supposed to dress up too but she is trying to be all serious about this race and get a PR so she couldn't possibly be in costume.  That might make her run slower.  Ha Ha.  So it will be just me and 15,000 of my closest friends dressed up for this race. 
 
On a brighter note, I started my new "diet" the Monday before New Year's Day.  (Yes only I would start a diet before the New Year but I had to drop some pounds before Tink.)  It has been exactly two weeks so far and I lost 9.6 pounds.  FINALLY!!  I am losing again.  It is called The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy.  My friend April told me about it.  Her friend lost a lot on it and so I researched it and bought the book.  It is all about clean eating and the week is broken into phases.  So you aren't eating the same boring food day in and day out.  The first week was murder for me.  I have a major sugar addiction and coming off of that was brutal.  The second week was much better.  I really am not even that hungry anymore.  So that is good.  It is supposed to be a 28 day diet (or longer if you need to lose more) but since I will be flying to Cali on Friday, it is a 2 1/2 week diet for me for now.  There is no way I am going to Disneyland and not eating some yummy food.  NO WAY!!!!  I will start again when I get back.  Of course I still won't have 28 days before I leave for Florida for the Princess Half Marathon in Feb. but I can only do what I can do.  I really do like this plan though.  No sugar, caffeine, corn, wheat, alcohol, dairy and I am sure other bad stuff.  Nothing processed.  I actually have to cook.  That part is painful.  I hate cooking!!!!!! 
 
Here is my revelation for 2014....I started my weight loss journey in January 2012, two years ago.  Kristen got me going to the gym frequently and I cut a lot of junk out of my diet.  I lost 45 pounds in 2012.  Then in 2013 I started to seriously train for running and triathlon races.  My weight fluctuated between the same 5 pounds no matter what I did.  I know I was probably over eating some weeks but others it just made no sense.  The more I read about people training for endurance events and how they couldn't lose weight either, the more I felt better.  But still I have to do something.  Hence, The Fast Metabolism Diet. 
 
What I realized though was, in 2012 I needed to straighten out my diet and start exercising.  I did.  In 2013 I just wanted to train and race and check some things off of my bucket list.  I did.  I just didn't lose any weight (although I did lose some inches.)  This year I am going to focus on my diet and eat clean.  I need to balance fueling for my training and racing with eating healthy.  It is a fine line for me.  So I will keep you updated with how this all works out.   


(From Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment