Sunday, December 8, 2013

Week in Review

Kristen

I'm so glad to be off the injured list.  It lurks in the back of my mind to continue a little longer to take things slow and easy but I have a hard time with that.  As I was logging my miles at the beginning of the week, I realized that I am close to hitting 1000 miles for the year.  If only I hadn't taken February off, I would have hit it-lesson learned.  Anyway, with 3 weeks and 2 days left in the year, I have 105 miles to run which is 35 miles a week.  It's not impossible, but I would prefer some nice spring weather while doing trying for it.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Sunday: 
Run 5 miles at 8:12 pace
Heidi, my husband and I ran Brian's Run-a race in West Chester.  It was a great day and a great race!

Monday:
Rest/Walk with Heidi.

Tuesday:
Run 8.3 at 9:05 pace
I don't usually run more or less than a perfect mile, but since I'm chasing 1000 I figure every little bit helps. 

Wednesday:
Run 4 at 9:27 pace
I was definitely not wanting to run today but 4 is certainly better than nothing.

Thursday:
Run 12 at 9:42 pace
Heidi and I went to this park that has a 2.5 mile loop.  It's our second time running here and I should really enjoy the change in scenery, but for whatever reason I don't have great times here.  I was hoping to get 13 or 14 miles but I couldn't force anymore miles.

Friday:
A much needed rest day.

Saturday:
Run 8 at 9:13 pace.
I was only planning on 6, but I was feeling really good and went a few extra.

Sunday:
Bike 35 minutes
My husband set up the trainer in the basement.  I would have rode the equivalent of a netflix show but the seat was torture.  I'm hoping he can switch seats and then I can pedal and watch TV to my heart's content-it's the little things!

How did you do this week?  Anyone working towards a particular goal?
This is my favorite running quote of all time. Running is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment