Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Stream of Consciousness

Kristen

-Heidi has been bugging me for years to run the Turkey Trot that her family runs.  Sadly, it's in the opposite direction of where we celebrate our Thanksgiving.  The town where we do celebrate has it's own Turkey Trot, but they call it a Sticks and Biscuits race-something having to do with hockey.  I'll pretend that it's a Turkey Trot.  Anyway, all but my youngest ran.  It was cold, which is why I have never committed to this in the past.  The good thing was I ran fast to get done and out of the cold!

-My oldest son ran his first 5k.  I am very very proud of him.  Running does not come easy for him, so for him to commit and finish is a very big deal.  I hope he runs more races.

-Heidi roped me into a December challenge.  We have to either run a mile each day or walk 2 miles.  So far I've done every day, but based on the colder temps coming, I may become a big wimp-I'll keep you posted. 

-Can you believe Christmas is 3 short weeks away?  Me either-have to figure out what I'm buying all my favorite runners!

-Finally, we were at my in-laws for Thanksgiving.  My mother-in-law loves to take pictures!  We avoided the annual Thanksgiving Day family pictures.  I thought we would avoid it completely but she trapped us Saturday morning before we left.  So to wrap things up for today here is the most awkward of those pictures-just thinking of this cracks me up-have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment