Friday, December 27, 2013

Procrastination

Kristen


I don't have cable, but I still love to watch TV.  On one of the more recent episodes of Modern Family Phil was trying to hit a year end goal to keep an elliptical in his bedroom.  As I was laughing at the jokes, I thought that is me right now.

A few weeks ago as I was perusing my running log, I realized that I was awfully close to being able to reach 1000 miles for the year.  A few weeks ago, it would have been very easy to hit it, but in my soul I am a procrastinator.  So here I am with 5 days left in the year and 40 miles left to run.

Is it impossible-no.

Is it what I want to do-maybe.

Am I going to go out there and run every day until I feel like Phil-yes!

That's the beauty of procrastination-I had 365 days to hit 1000 miles and that should have been an easy goal.  But then after my half last January, I took the rest of January and all of February off from running-in my defense, I did not have a lot of warm weather clothes, which has since been rectified.

It still should have been easy, but then I spent most of October sidelined with an injury.  And still I should have made goal, but here I sit with 5 days left wondering if I have it in  me to run 40 miles.

I will keep you posted...

On another note, Christmas has come and gone-it was a great year!  Personally, I got lots of running clothes to keep me warm.  It has made all the difference already.  My hands are not in pain from the cold-its the little things! 

How about you-any fun gifts to report?

 Running's (& Smiling's) my favorite :-)

1 comment:

  1. GO KRISTEN, GO!!! You can do it. But don't get injured for Tink, ok?? -Heidi

    ReplyDelete