Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Year In Review...

Heidi
OK, so a year in review...I ran a lot of races....the end.    No really, I did do a few things I am proud of this year.  So here goes...
January
I ran the Disney Family 5k during marathon weekend in Disney World.  Kristen ran the half and Brian ran the Goofy challenge (the Half and Full marathons.)  Perfect reason to go to Disney.  Oh Kristen and I made some life altering plans for 2014 and 2015 while watching the marathoners finish in Epcot...over a few beers.  UGGGHHH!!
February:
I am pretty sure I took the month off.  It was cold out.  I ran on the inside track and got a shin splint.  The beginning of the end of 2013.  However, Kristen did convince me to sign up for the Rock and Roll Philly Half in September...
March:
I ran the Bunny Hop 5k in Downingtown with my friends April ,Heather and Diana and Haley and Tyler too.  It was a 5k PR.
April:
Ran the Hershey 10k "with"  Kristen, Brian, Carly, and Heather G.  My first 10k and was very happy since I trained and ran it with the stupid shin splint.  It was a PR..he he.
May:
Mother's Day Race...The Color Run in Baltimore.  My three children and Kristen and her son, Dylon  and I ran it.  It was a fun, super hot day to run.  Kristen let me beat her.
I ran the Turkey Hill 5k (with April, Heather F., Haley and Kylee-Heather's daughter.)  It was "hilly."  They had really good after race Turkey Hill food!!  And the race was cheap too. 
Also ran the Kennett Run 5k with all three children and Kristen and her family and our friend Diana.  Was happy to beat my Kennett time by a lot from the previous year.  Kennett was the first race I ever ran.  (Shin split disappeared, like magic).  Oh and we drank "free" beer after this race.  Always a good one!!
June: 
My friend April and I ran the DUB C 4 miler in West Chester.   It was a 6pm race and oh yeah...it was pouring down rain the whole entire race!!!!!!  Technically a PR!!!  We drank a few beers at Kildares afterwards.  Love West Chester races...when they are done!!
MY FIRST TRIATHLON!!!  Jackie and Kristen did it with me.  It was a sprint in York, PA but I was so excited to do it.  I can't wait to do more!!    Also a PR...ha ha.
July:
Good Neighbor Day 4th of July 5k in Downingtown.  It was hot.  Ran it with the whole fam (minus the hubs) and my friends April and Heather F.
August:
Nada....was training for the Rock and Roll Philly.  Had to get my mileage up!!!!
September:
FIRST HALF MARATHON!!.  Rock and Roll Philly.  Horrible time but I made it.  Oh and Kristen and Justin ran it as well.  They beat me.  (I am just cracking myself up...)  OH and my shin splint magically came back with a vengeance.
October:
Marshallton Triathlon...you can read the race report.  Not a "real" triathlon but still a lot of fun.  Oh and did I tell you I beat Kristen and Jackie??  HA HA HA HA HA
Run the Grove 5k.  It is a local race and not only did I get a 5k PR but I also crushed my time from the previous year.  Oh and Justin, Brian and Emma ran it too.  Justin and Emma got awards!!!  I did not.
November:
Chester County 5k Turkey Trot in Downingtown.  (I love Downingtown races, can you tell??)   Wanted a 12 min mile and a PR and I did both.  That might have been my racing highlight for the year, other than the Triathlon in June.
December:
Three days after I ran the Turkey Trot, Kristen, Brian, Diana and her crew and I  ran Brian's Run 5 miler in West Chester.  It was a very nice day and I just ran it to run it. (It was a PR though...ha ha.)  I was still a little bit sore from the Turkey Trot.  It was a hilly race.  Troy (who came for drinking reasons only), Brian, Kristen and I went to The Landmark in West Chester and had a few afterwards.  I probably should have stretched first. My damn shin splint was killing me!!!!  
So there you have it....2013 in a nutshell. A great big thanks to Kristen and all of my racing buddies!!!  I love "running with" you all!!!   I can't wait for 2014.  SO MANY MORE PLANS!!   Now to heal my shin splint and knee!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment