Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Goals

Kristen

Well here we are 6 days into the new year.  To re-cap where we left off-I was fighting to hit 1000 miles.  We went away for a last minute mini-vacation when it dawned on me-in the middle of the night of course-that I probably did not have to force myself to run close to 100 miles in 10 days because if I remember correctly my running log for the year started after last January's half marathon.  Of course I couldn't confirm this as my computer was in PA and we were in South Carolina, so I had to continue with my running. 

It really wasn't a hardship once in South Carolina because it was warm and flat.  Myrtle Beach also has this wonderful thing-so simple, easy, but sadly not found many places.  It's this thing called a bike lane-it allows you to run on the road without feeling like you are going to be hit-why can't more town/cities adopt bike lanes??  So yes, I hit my 1000 mile goal plus a few extra miles unaccounted for.  The running was so pleasant, I also ran on New Years Day!

Anyway, enough about the old, it's time to ring in the new.  So here are my goals for 2014 in no particular order...

1.  Run 1500 miles-this may be a stretch, but I will be marathon training, so I am hoping that picks up the miles for me.

2.  Train and run a marathon.  Heidi wants to run the Disney marathon next January, so I figure I will train for one in the fall so I am ready for January.  I still remember how horrifying my first half was, so I like to get things out of the way.  When next January rolls around, I will be ready.

3.  Run at least one 5k with all the kids.  I am looking at the Hot Chocolate Run in Philly in April for this one, but it depends on how spring sports shape up.

4.  Train for and complete 1-2 sprint tri's.  Last year I completed a dual-which I loved, so I may do the dual again this year and then find another sprint to do later in the season.

5.  Train for longer distances on the bike.  I finally got a credible bike for Christmas.  My last bike was borderline embarrassing, so now I can feel competitive!  We only ever rode 15-20 miles, so I would really like to increase our endurance and mileage this spring on the bike.  The we is Heidi and I, since we always ride together.

6.  Get back onto the clean eating bandwagon.  Towards the end of the year, I really failed at this and my body could tell.  So I am getting back into clean eating where possible and am already feeling better!

So I think that's it.  Obviously, I would like to PR at all my races and I have a list of races I want to do this year, which will be a post later this week hopefully.  Have to have a conversation with Heidi into what is really doable and what we really want to do this year. 

The first big race of the year is less than 2 weeks away-I can't wait!
#New Years #Resolutions #Quote  _ Set Your Goals High Enough To Inspire & Low enough to encourage you ! _ ….
What are your 2014 goals?
new year resolution quotes | Fun} New Year's Resolutions & Quotes - The PennyWiseMama

No comments:

Post a Comment