Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Days 25 and 26

Kristen

I didn't post yesterday because I couldn't think of anything.  This is not to say I am not thankful for many more things, but I've hit all my big things if you will.  So from now until the end of the month, I am going to post a few little things I am thankful for each day.  I think it's important to remember the little things as well, because really there are blessings all around us. 
 It's easy when you start from the bottom and work your way up, every step, every day. When you look back to see how you have done, look no further than your kids.  How are they, who are they, did they have it better than you?  That is when you know your thankful. A bonus is when they tell you! :)

1.  Candy-I have really been enjoying my kids Halloween candy.  It's starting to get low-meaning I don't enjoy what's left, so I have a bag of kit-kats my in-laws gave me out of there leftovers.  And I may or may not be eating one right now.
2.  My new phone.  I was really unsure about it the first few days, but now I LOVE it and will be writing more about this next week.  I especially love the low monthly price!!
3.  A hot shower.  Seriously, I hate this winter running thing, but nothing is better than defrosting in the shower.  My water bill will not be happy, but what can you do?
4.  Kids who come home on half days and make their own lunches.  I love that each year brings about more independence!
5.  I am so thankful that they are also old enough to do most of the decorating and while we decorated this year there were no tears.  It was an enjoyable afternoon.
6.   I am thankful for clarity.  Sometimes situations seem all encompassing, but after a few weeks and a few conversations clarity comes into play and you wonder what you ever were so worried about!
7.  I am thankful I have a daughter who loves to cook and that I can be her teacher in the kitchen.  Once she gets home, I am setting her loose in the kitchen to make filling-and really this is not to be confused with stuffing-totally different.
Gray and White Thankful Quote Canvas Painting by KammysKornerShop, $22.00

No comments:

Post a Comment