Sunday, November 24, 2013

DAY 24: I am caught up!!! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??

Heidi
 
Day 24:  Today (yes really it is today) I am grateful for FOOTBALL!!!  It is Sunday and as I think about what time I will work out, I also am thinking about what time I need to be home to watch the Cowboys - Giants game.  In case you didn't know, I am a Dallas Cowboys fan.  Have been since I was five years old.  (When they used to win super bowls.)  My oldest son's name is Justin Troy Phillips.  No the Troy is not for my husband or my brother.  It is, of course, for Troy Aikman.  Ha Ha.  This truly is not a lie....Haley was named for Charles Haley (another Cowboys player.)  Well not exactly named "for" him but I loved watching him play and loved his last name on his jersey so there you go.  My husband will disagree with that statement.  But it truly is the truth!!!  Tyler was named Tyler Blair.  Blair is Troy's middle name so he is named after his father.  If I had my way....he would be  Tyler Emmitt Phillips.  You know, after Emmitt Smith of course.  Tyler Smith Phillips sounds pretty good too.  But no, Troy would not allow it. 
 
Everyone in my family are Eagles fans except for Tyler (the one not named after a Cowboys player) and I.   So you can imagine what it is like on game day when the Eagles play the Cowboys.  We have a lot of fun teasing each other.  Well I do when Dallas wins.  I am not exactly a good sport when they lose. 
 
Today Dallas plays the Giants.  I hate the Giants more than any other team in the NFL.  So I can't wait for today!!  Dallas needs a win to pull a head of the Eagles in the NFC East.  No matter what...win or lose Dallas will always be my team.  Thank you Cowboys!!!!!
 
 
Troy and I dressed up for Halloween one year.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment