Thursday, November 28, 2013

Days 25, 26, and 27...

Heidi
 
 
Day 25:  Like Kristen said, this is getting harder and harder.  Today I am thankful for my dog, Murray.  On Christmas he will be with our family for 8 years.  His full name is Murray Little Christmas.  We got the name from Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas movie...where else??  He is sometimes the sweetest dog and sometime so naughty!!!  He likes eating electronics and jumping and barking at walkers and runners in our neighborhood.  You would think he is super vicious how ridiculous he acts.  Don't even get me started on the UPS truck.  But, he truly is a super sweet dog.  He loves to follow me around the house during the day.  He waits by the door for the children to arrive home from school.  We are very blessed to have such a great addition to our family.  Every child should have a pet!!!
 
Murray watching over a sick Justin!!
 

 
 
Day 26:  Today I am thankful for the fact that my son, Justin can drive.  Although it can be a little bit scary for Troy and I, it has come in quite handy.  For instance, when we aren't home to take the children back to school on half days for their sports practices, Justin can drive them.  Or....when I want a pumpkin spice latte, I can send Justin for it.  So very handy.  So thank you Justin for passing your driver's test on the first time!!!
 
 
Day 27:  Today I am thankful for....what else?????  RUNNING!!  I guess it is about time to add this to the blog.  I started running a little less than 2 years ago.  Kristen started me running.  I was so slow and still am but I have come so far!!!!  I remember being barely able to run one whole minute.  I would walk then run.  Then I started running on the downhills and walking the uphills.  Eventually, exactly one year from today (it is actually Thanksgiving today), I ran my first 5k without walking.  Today, I ran the same Turkey Trot and beat my time by 2 minutes and 59 seconds.  Almost 3 minutes.  I am getting there.  I have come so far just in the last year...running a 10k and a half marathon and doing a triathlon.  Next year can only get better.  
 
Running has done so much for me spiritually too.  A few weeks ago, a neighbor lost her battle to cancer.  I didn't know her well.  I just basically knew where she lived and that she had cancer.  I think I met her once or twice.  I ran by her house and thought, I really feel like walking.  Then I thought, I bet she would probably like to be running right now.   So I kept running for her and for everyone else out there that can't run.  Today while running the turkey trot, I thought to myself, I bet my friend Ashley, who suffered an aneurysm last week, would like to be running right now. She is still in the hospital and needs many prayers.   So in my head, I dedicated my race today to Ashley.  I would never have had these thoughts and experiences if it wasn't for Kristen.  So thank you Kristen for making me run.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment