Thursday, November 28, 2013

Day 28: THANKSGIVING!!!!!

Heidi
 
 
Day 28:  It really is Thanksgiving today.  I am so thankful for many, many things.  My family, my friends, my house, my dog, the food we eat, well...just about everything God has blessed me with. 
 
This morning I got my family up nice and early to run the Chester County Turkey Trot.  We did it last year.  I would love to make this a Thanksgiving tradition.  It was a great race!!!!  I got a PR of 36:41.  My pace was 11:57 a mile.  Like I said in the last post, it is 2 minutes and 59 seconds quicker than last year.  If you remember my post from the Local 5K that I ran in October, I wanted to get a 12:00 minute pace for this race.  Well, mission accomplished.  Even on this very cold and blustery day, I was able to run what I had trained for.  So I am extremely thankful  for that!!

Later today my family and I will drive to my brother and sister in-law's house and celebrate Thanksgiving with Troy's side of the family.  My sister in law, Tija, does a fantastic job of cooking and hosting every year.  This is her favorite holiday and it shows!!!  I am so thankful for Troy's family and that I get to be part of it.  After dinner, my mother in law and sister in law get the Black Friday ads out and we plan out our route of what stores to hit and at what time.  Another family tradition that I love.  This opening on Thanksgiving at 6pm is really not making me happy.  I love hanging out with my in laws.  I don't want it to be cut short because of these sales.  Hopefully next year the stores will take a hint and open later.

Mostly what I am thankful for today is just the opportunity to relax and watch the parades and the Dallas game among my family.  Family traditions....I LOVE THEM!!! 

So I hope everyone reading our blog has a blessed and relaxing holiday today!!  Eat up today...but start that diet again tomorrow!!!!!

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment