Sunday, November 24, 2013

Days 15-23....I am so behind!!!

Heidi
 
 
Day 15:  Because I am so behind...I am going to do one post and hopefully catch up.   So today, Day 15, I am thankful for warm weather in the fall and winter.  Now that I run outside because I can't stand the dreadmill, I am extremely grateful for warmer days that I can just get up and run outside. 
 
 
 
Day 16:  Todays is my friend April's daughter's 6th birthday.  Her name is Giannah and she has autism.  She is the sweetest little girl I know.  She is beautiful inside and out.  I truly believe this little girl was put on this earth to teach lessons to so many of us.  My children, for one, have become so more understanding when seeing children with special needs.  It takes a very special person to raise a child with special needs.  Today I am thankful for Giannah and her mother who loves her beyond words.
 
Justin and Giannah
 
Day 17:  Today I am thankful for swimming.  I haven't been in the pool since August and I really needed to start swimming again.  Plus, I swear it helps with my breathing when I run and makes me a tiny bit faster.  I dread it.  It is probably my best discipline in the whole triathlon thing because it comes easy to me, but it is such a process to get into the pool.  I finally did it and my time wasn't horrendous and I think I may have lost some weight because of swimming.
 
 
 
Day 18:  Today I am grateful for my job.  I have been extremely slow lately and it is not good since we are headed into the Christmas season.  I am a real estate appraiser and I have always said it is either feast or famine with this job.  I complain when I am so busy that I can't see straight.  Well now I would like to be that busy because being slow stinks!!!!
 
Day 19:  Today I am grateful for birthdays.  Today was Haley's 15th birthday and although I already said I was grateful for her, this just brought back so many memories of having to give birth to my children.  All three have a unique story that I always share with them on the eve of their birthday.  I love to tell her how she was breech and came out butt first.  She loves to hear that...NOT!!!   So today I am thankful that every year I get to celebrate birthdays with my children, husband and friends and family.
 
Day 20:  Today I am thankful for home.  I love my house and my neighborhood.  I am very blessed to be able to live in a warm home, especially heading into the winter season.
 
 
Day 21:  Today I am thankful for my health.  I had two tests this past week that were routine and I am just grateful that other than my cholesterol being high, I am in pretty good health.  I was also reminded about health this week because a friend of mine suffered an aneurysm.  It is very touch and go with her and I have been praying for days that she will recover from this.  So today I am very grateful for health!!!  I am praying for you Ashley!!!
 
Ashley, her husband  Brian and I
 
Day 22:  Today I am thankful for Fridays!!!  I so look forward to the end of the week to spend time with my family and friends.  A lot of time in my neighborhood a few of us get together and call it Fun Friday.  We have a great time catching up and planning new fun get togethers.  We also have terrific ideas that never come to fruition.  This Friday I convinced three of my neighbors to sign up as a relay team to do Ironman 70.3 Augusta.  Kristen, Jackie and I are doing it as a relay and how fun would it be to have another team there with us???   We shall see!!
 
 
Day 23:  Today I am grateful cupcakes.  Other than cookies, cupcakes are my next favorite dessert.  Today my son made a batch of cupcakes for his sister's birthday party.  Homemade icing and all!!  Yum Yum!!   It won't help me with my diet but who cares...it is almost Thanksgiving week  anyway.
 
These are from my birthday.  Not homemade!!!
 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment