Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 18-My In-laws

Kristen

Today I am thankful for my in-laws.  I am lucky enough to have 2 sets!  Since having children, it's been wonderful to watch them grow as grandparents.  Though they are far from perfect, they try very hard and for that I am blessed.  They really would do anything for our family from babysitting to camping to taking Emma to Justice for 3 hours-they have certainly done it all!
 
One of the funniest things that ever happened was a few years back celebrating Jacob's birthday.  My mother-in-law had won a pinata at some fundraiser and was so excited for the kids to be able to pound away at it.  They are going strong when all of a sudden the thing breaks apart and comes crashing down.  The mad scramble to get the goodies inside starts-but wait-it's empty.  My kids look around wondering where the candy is.  I start laughing hysterically because at this point I am putting two and two together.  My mother-in-law innocently thought that pinatas came pre-filled.  She really had no idea that you had to fill it yourself.  I still laugh thinking about the look on my kids faces!
 
The empty pinata head!
 
In all seriousness, I am blessed to have the in-laws I have.  Not every day is rosy, but more so than not and for that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment