Monday, November 18, 2013

Day 12: Extended Family - Mom's Side...

Heidi
 
Day 12:  Today I am thankful for my extended family.  My mom has one sister, Aunt Lois who is married to Uncle Bob and they had my cousin Erin.  Erin is about 8 months older than me and we were like sisters growing up.  She was the first person to "teach" me how to drive stick shift.  (That went well!) She would take me to all kinds of scary cheap stores in Delaware (no tax after all) before I had my license.   We had some great times growing up together.  She LOVES my children and comes to all of their games/track meets that are in her area of Chester County.  She even brings them treats!!  She is always a good one to call when I need car or computer advice, thanks to her husband, Rob.  Our love for football (Me, the Cowboys, she, the Redskins) has had us share many text messages lately during football season.  Especially when either team are playing the Eagles or the Giants.  I am very lucky to have a cousin/best friend like Erin.
 
My Aunt Lois has been like a surrogate mother to me FOR YEARS!!!  My mom lived with me for almost ten years after my father died and I could always call my Aunt up to vent about how life was just crazy with my mom.  Anytime my mom was sick, Aunt Lois was the first person I would call and sure enough, in the middle of the night, she and Uncle Bob would show up at the hospital.  She is definitely a rock in our family and I am very lucky to have her.  She also LOVES my children and I am so grateful for that.  When my kids were little, I would take them over to her house for trick or treat.  She never received any trick or treaters where she lives but she always had something for my kids!!  Erin, Aunt Lois and Uncle Bob, thank you for being such great extended family!!!  I love you all!!!!!


Aunt Lois and Tyler
 
Erin and Baby Haley

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a good family you can count on is something to be thankful for. As I write this it has been exactly 15 years since that photo was taken at the Brandywine Hospital. Happy Birthday Haley!

    ReplyDelete