Saturday, September 7, 2013

runDisney Planning

Heidi
 
So while my good friend, Kristen was in Disney World last week with her family (and not her good friend Heidi but I will save that for another post...) I had the Disney World jealousy come out and decided to start planning my Disney Glass Slipper Challenge trip that is coming up in February.  It is 6 months out, so I need to plan my meals anyway.  Nothing makes you feel better when you can't be in Disney World than planning a Disney World trip!!!!!
 
I decided to bring my daughter with me on this trip.  She will be 15 and it will be between basketball and lacrosse seasons, so perfect timing.  She also can run the Cinderella Royal 5K which I just know she will love.  (Insert sarcasm)  I am also running these races "with" my bestie since high school, April, who lives right outside of Disney.  Although she lives just miles from The Mouse, she doesn't know much about the World at all.   (Sorry April, but it is true.)  So there was a lot of meal planning that had to be done. It seemed to tame my inner jealousy that was aimed at Kristen. 
 
Once the meals were planned I decided to go on one of my favorite sites...  www.wdwinfo.com.  I seriously love this site and their forums.  I have planned many many trips using the knowledge of other Disney freaks.  WARNING:   It is very addicting and you can spend hours on this site.  There, you have been WARNED!!!!! 
 
Anyway, while searching the forums, I decided to go on the Disneyland thread.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  Thank goodness Kristen was almost home.  We still had not booked our hotel for the Tinkerbell Half in January.  I was freaking out.  Some hotels were already booked.  NOT GOOD!!!   Sometimes too much information is not a good thing.  Anyway, Kristen to the rescue.  She researched the hotels one more time and now we are booked at the Annabella.  California, here we come!!!
 
Today I came across another Tinkerbell Half thread and a Disney Princess Half thread.  So many more hours of research.  I really should put my time and effort into the Tink thread since we both have never  (GASP) been to Disneyland.  However, the Princess thread intrigued me.  I didn't need to read much about Disney World (as Kristen and I both have been there 800 times) but reading about the race and all that goes with it sucked me in. 
 
With all of the research I did today, I came across some really cool running/Disney blogs.  I will add a few to our list.  The Disneyland Dumbo Dare was last weekend so there was plenty of good blogging going on about that race.  Since I have never been to Disneyland much less raced there, I had a lot of reading to do.  Once again....too much information.  I saw pictures of the Grand Californian and now I want to upgrade our hotel.  I know we can't.  But I want to.  BAD BLOGS!!!!  VERY BAD BLOGS!!!   Someday....
 
So one step at a time.  I still need to book my air and hotel to Disney World for February.  I am waiting for a few good deals for that part of the planning process.  Most of our January Disneyland trip is now booked.  The next step...what to wear.  I am sure I can find some great ideas with these blogs and wdwinfo forums.  But...if anyone would like to help a sister out....feel free!!!!
 
 


Magic Kingdom, how I have missed you.  February can't come  soon enough!!!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I know you know how much I want to go to Disney and run with you Heidi, but it will have to wait a few years probably. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to run the one in Disneyland, since because of growing up there I am partial to that place. I LOVE Disney, but you definately go way beyond my love.... I would probably use the word obsessed!! LoL... Someday my friend, someday!!!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday in deed my friend. I am sure we will be doing Tinkerbell in Disneyland again.

    ReplyDelete