Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week in Review

Kristen


The weather has been awesome for running, so it has certainly been much more enjoyable than it has been!  We leave on vacation this week, so hopefully I can keep up some sort of mileage-we'll see...

Monday:
Rest-after the horrifying run the day before, I decided to give myself another day of recovery.

Tuesday:
Run 7 miles at 8:33 pace
This almost didn't happen because it was pouring rain when I woke up, but then I realized my husband was leaving for 2 days and I don't like to run endless circles around my neighborhood any more than I have too.  So, at lunchtime I went out and suffered in the humidity-so glad I did!

Wednesday:
Run 7 miles at 9:01 pace
My legs were pretty sore from Tuesday's tempo run.

Thursday:
Rest in preperation for long run Friday.

Friday:
Run 13.1 miles at 9:06 pace.
This was an interesting run.  I changed clothes at mile 7 because my legs were becoming an open wound and I couldn't imagine what would happen after 6 more miles.  I did ok until mile 11 and then I was spent but I suffered through.  I really need to find a food balance for my long run days.

Saturday:
Rest-I was going to ride with Heidi, but the day got away from me.  I spent the morning revamping my entire vacation, which is a good thing.  My husband picked down the garden so I spent the afternoon in the kitchen canning and cooking a wonderful assortment of vegetables.  So all in all not a bad day, just lacking in exercise.

Sunday:
Run 5.5-warm up mile, 4x1200 with 400 recovery-8:13 pace


Overall I ran 32.6 miles.  The next 2 weeks will be spotty as we will be in sunny Florida with all the heat and humidity.  I hope to get the bulk of my miles in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for the week coming up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment