Friday, August 16, 2013

Top 5 Disney Food Selections

Kristen


I think my favorite aspect of any Disney vacation is the endless delicious choices of food.  Everywhere you turn, there is something new to sample.  For the past number of years we have traveled during free dining, which means you can literally eat all day and still eat some more-all for almost free!  Sadly, this year we have to pay for our food, so it will be interesting to see how much we eat when we have to break out the wallet constantly!

5.  Dole Whip-nothing is more refreshing in the hot Florida heat than a delicious Dole Whip-I really wish they could be found in all 4 parks instead of just Magic Kingdom.

4.  In the past few years, we have happened upon a new discovery-the cupcake.  We buy them in Hollywood Studios and they have 4-5 different flavors each day-more than enough to share and absolutely delicious!
 
3.  Boma-this is another place we've only been going to the last few years.  They have some of the best soup selections I have ever eaten.  Though they do have a great selection of meats, this is the type of place where you can eat and eat and never miss the meat. 

2.  Columbia Harbour House is one of the best counter service meals in all the land.  They have delicious seafood selections and it's certainly big enough to share.  A great place to take a break and relax in Magic Kingdom. 

1.  I eat very little meat anymore, but my absolute favorite place to eat is Ohana!  And in reality, for me, it's not about the meat.  I go for the noodles-I could eat these noodles ALL. DAY. LONG.  And just when you are stuffed to the point of no return, they bring out the delicous bread pudding.  This is really one of the best meals in all of Disney World, from beginning to end.

Obviously, Disney takes great pride in all things they do, and food is no exception.  I have had very few bad dining experiences and this list barely hits the surface of all the great things offered.  I really should go run again and burn a few more calories in anticipation of all the calories I will soon be consuming.

3 comments:

  1. Yum Yum Yum!! Once again you have made me very jealous. We haven't even talked about your food choices this year since you will have to pay yourself. No free dining. BOO!!!! I love the Dole Whip as well. And O'Hana is the best restaurant in Disney World but I am not sure why you are telling these secrets. Ha Ha.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am not happy about having to pay for my food, that is for sure. On the bright side, maybe I won't gain so much weight while I'm there!

      Delete
  2. OH and please bring me back a cupcake. You know I have been craving one for months now!!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete