Thursday, August 15, 2013

BACK TO RUNNING AND OTHER STUFF...

Heidi
 
So I went to the Chiropractor yesterday.  He did his magic and I felt good enough to run 3 miles today.  Leg and hip still hurt some but I pushed through it.  Glad I did because I want to run 13 miles on Sunday and if I had waited, I would have been dead.  It is amazing how fast you lose your endurance.
 
I have to say that I wore my new socks and they are AWESOME!!!!.   I bought these balega brand socks when I was in Florida a few weeks ago.  Loved them so much I found them at the Downingtown Running Company and bought a second pair.  They are so comfortable and cushy, which I love.  www.balega.com
 
My New Favorite Socks...
 


On Tuesday I had to go to the Dr. and get my blood taken.  My appt. with the Dr. is this coming Tuesday.  He likes to have my blood work ahead of time so he can yell at me in person as to my health issues.  Since I have taken on running and losing weight everything has been spot on (except my weight of course) except for my cholesterol.  I have had high cholesterol since the first time I was checked at the age of 14.  When I say high....it has been known to be in the 400's.  Yes 400's.  My mom had extremely high cholesterol, among other issues, and had her first heart attack at 50.  I refuse to go down her road.  That is why I am changing my life.  I go to the Dr. every three months to get my levels checked.  My cholesterol has been holding steady in the 250's which is still too high. Dr. C. upped my medicine three months ago  to 20mg instead of 10mg.  OK, fine.  I fought him for about a year and I finally gave in.  I knew the 20mg would do the trick.  NOPE!!!!!  The nurse called yesterday and told me it was 250 and he wanted to put me on yet another pill with this Crestor 20mg.  I told her "no thank you.  I will be seeing Dr. C. in a week and we will discuss this matter."  They really don't like it when I do that to them but too bad.  I am so annoyed!!!!!!   How could my cholesterol not have gone down even a little bit?? 
 
Last year I decided to stop eating meat except for once a week.  It was a decision brought on by my mother's death and I wanted to get healthy.  When I actually abided by that diet, my cholesterol went down to 202.  That has been the lowest ever.  So yesterday I pledged to my good friend Kristen (who mostly doesn't eat meat either) that I am going back to that diet.  Apparently that is the only thing that will work with my ridiculous gene pool!!!  The reality is, I can run till the cows come home but that won't stop a heart attack.  I need to get this under control, once and for all!! 
 
So back to eating healthy (which I have been pretty good so far this week by the way).  And by healthy I mean no meat except maybe once a week.  A girl's gotta live after all.  So that means no refined sugar, no meat, no white carbs, really nothing yummy at all.  THIS IS GOING KILL ME!!!!!


2 comments: