Monday, August 12, 2013

MONDAY...THE DAY TO START OVER!!

HEIDI
 
So since you haven't heard much about my diet last week, there was a reason!!  It was NOT GOOD!!  Stink, stank, stunk!!!  In my defense, I was on vacation (I must be on vacation A LOT!!) and I haven't exercised since my 11 mile run on Tuesday.  When I don't exercise, I eat terribly.  When I am in my zone and exercising, I eat well because I don't want to screw it up.  I didn't even have the nerve to get on the scale on Friday.  BONUS...had to go to the Dr. today and they weighed me.  Talk about a buzz kill to my clean eating today.  All is good though.  I have eaten fruit, oatmeal, salad with tuna and more fruit.  I did just have some popcorn.  100 calorie bag.  Nothing tragic.  I also didn't have any tea (with or without sugar) or Starbucks.  So, I feel pretty good about that. Although it isn't my cookie bewitching hour yet (that usually starts around 6pm), I think I may avoid eating cookies today.
 
Since I have been injured, I have decided to take off from exercise to give my hip some time to heal.  It must be working.  I am officially walking around without Advil.  My hip still hurts but not like it was.  I see the chiropractor on Wed.  I think I will wait until then to run or bike.  Tonight however, I WILL SWIM!!  It has been forever and I need to get back into that pool anyway. 
 
The good thing about Mondays is you get to erase the terrible weekend (or in my case, week, month, year...) you had and start over.  We went to Hershey Park yesterday.  My good friends Kristen and Nicole were there too.  I was ever so happy to go to Chocolate World without them so I could enjoy what I wanted without consequence.  The hubs had a few choice words for me though, but who listens to him anyway??   I blame Kristen for my cookie conquest.  She told me how great they are in Chocolate World.  (She used to live and work there after all.  She should know!!)  I had a chocolate cookie with peanut butter morsels.  Although it was good, it wasn't as delicious as she made it seem.  There went  360 calories I can never get back. 
 
Heidi At Chocolate World In Herhsey
 
 
I won't even bore you with the ice cream that was supposed to be the best in the park.  (Another recommendation of Kristen's...).  So lesson learned, no more taking advice from the skinny one!!!!!!  I will look to fat people to find the best cookie or ice cream.
 
I am feeling better today.  Amazing how eating healthy makes you feel so much better about yourself.  The idea of going to the gym and lifting weights and swimming is making me a bit nauseous.  I have to get back on that horse!!!
 
One last thought.   I have been toying with the idea of running  the Hershey Half Marathon since Kristen "advised" me to sign up for it.  I haven't signed up for it yet.  The hills are scaring me, especially after running the Hershey 10k in April.  As I was walking though Hershey Park yesterday, up and down all of those hills, I decided 13.1 miles of that might not be what the Dr. ordered.  So I was glad I didn't sign up for it.  Then again....running a race in Hershey is almost as magical as Disney World...almost!!  So therefore, if my hip ever heals itself, I am no closer to deciding on Hershey than I was back in May.    What to do.....what to do...




1 comment:

  1. I agree with your epicurean criticism of the Hershey Park evil calorie packed snacks. They get you while you are there and they are a let down. My Hubs loves the Hershey milkshakes and I was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete