Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Top 5 Disney Moments

Kristen


I'm going to change things up a little today, because quite frankly the only thing on my brain right now is the big surprise trip we have planned to Disney next week.  As far as I know the kids have no idea about the trip or more importantly, that their uncle is flying in from Japan as we speak to join them.  I can't wait for 10 days in my favorite place!  So to kick things off-my top 5 Disney moments...

5.  Alice picking the kids to ride the tea cups with her.  She does this every morning, which I am aware of, but I never stalked her for the moment-this was truly a matter of being in the right place at the right time.  I don't even think I was aware that it was happening at first!




4.  Another great memory was when my oldest liked to battle Darth Vader-what kid doesn't want to imagine themselves inside the land of Star Wars?  The first year they offered this, he was dressed as Darth Vader and got picked instantly.  Before the battle got started Darth asked Dylon to join the dark side saying there was always a place for his kind.  Dylon refused and Darth brought out his stormtroopers to attack him-classic moment!



3.  Another time my oldest had the opportunity to "drive"  the Jungle Cruise boat.  He truly believed that he was driving the boat and talked about it enthusiastically the rest of the trip!





2.  My daughter has this love/hate relationship with Chip and Dale.  The first year we visited Disney we at Chef Mickey's our first night.  She was about 18 months old and was very unsure of the whole thing.  All she wanted to do was eat her dinner in peace and quiet.  The whole time she kept catching glimpes of these charachters and would huddle over her food and eat faster.  All the characters left her alone except for Chip and Dale.  Well, that set her over the edge-she cried the rest of the meal.  A few years later we happened to run into them in Magic Kingdom-they absolutely loved her hair and spent about 5 minutes playing with her pig tails-she thought that was fabulous!



1.  When we brought the kids to Disney for the first time, my husband and I agreed that we would enjoy this trip and then bring them back 2 more times throughout their childhood.  We consistently have such a fabulous time that we have gone back every year since that first year!  It truly never gets old and I hope that we continue to make many fabulous memories as a family for years to come!  














No comments:

Post a Comment