Thursday, April 3, 2014

FMD-Day 7

Kristen

I almost can't believe I made it through the first week.  I won't lie-it's hard drastically changing the way you eat.  Food is a social past-time.  The benefits to this way of eating though, far outweigh the costs.  I am dreading the weekend when I am back on phase 2, but with a week under my belt, I can go into it with a bit of knowledge on how to easier get through it.

On the bright side, I lost .8 pound!  I am down 3 pounds for the week.  The last time I lost 3 pounds in one week was when I brought my son home from the hospital and I was flushing out all my fluids-so this is very exciting!

My breakfast this morning was eggs, spinach and onion with an apple.  Sadly, I didn't have a sprouted grain wrap because I used the last one for dinner last night.  I really wanted a piece of toast or something-stood in front of the frig contemplating it for quite awhile, but thankfully I decided that eating eggs off my plate would have to do.  And it was fine.

I went for a 6 mile run this morning.  Besides a lingering knee problem, my run felt great and I wished I could have gone further, but I didn't want to over do things.  After my run I made another fruit/veg smoothie.  This time I also added a pear-very yummy. 

Lunch consisted of leftover chili-thank goodness for this meal-I could eat it all the time.  Clearly I have been eating it all the time!  I forgot to pack my afternoon snack and suffered all afternoon because of it.  There is a reason there are 2 snacks built into the day.  It also didn't help that I ran and was absolutely famished!

When I finally got home, I immediately made dinner-a can of green beans and rice spaghetti leftovers.  These were frozen from the week before and I wouldn't recommend freezing.  Rice noodles do not freeze nearly as well as regular pasta.  I was so hungry I really didn't care though.

Sadly I didn't have a big salad today, but I'm getting very low on produce of all kinds.  I generally avoid the grocery store until it becomes an emergency-tomorrow will be that day.  I'll re-stock and re-evaluate what I like about the week and make a few changes for the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment