Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15-My Brother

Kristen

When we were kids, my brother HATED me!  He was forced to drive me to school once he got his license and I think he would purposely get there late, so I would also be late.  He didn't talk to me at all for years-yes years.  We worked together at Hersheypark and I was barely able to speak to any of his friends.  I really thought that once we moved out of the house we would never speak to each other again. 
Then one day, things changed-he became an uncle.  Though at first I couldn't trust him completely with my children, slowly but surely he proved to me that things would be different.  And though we don't talk everyday, or every week, or sometimes every month, I know that we will always be there for each other. 
He loves my children and takes his job as uncle very seriously.  Who else would use his summer vacation and spend the entire week with my children.  He takes them camping every summer and they spend their days at Hersheypark.  It has become quite a special thing to my children.  They look forward to this event all year long. 
So today I am thankful for my wonderful older brother Kevin-one of the best uncles on the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment