Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unstuffed Pepper Soup

Kristen

One of the very few reasons I tolerate the end of summer, is I am able to get back into the kitchen and start making "fall food".  One of my favorites is Unstuffed Pepper Soup.  It is an easy meal to throw together and it's also very forgiving.  Play around with your ingredients and see what you personally like.  I make mine without meat, but feel free to add hamburger and switch your broth to a beef broth.  You could also add kidney or black beans for a heartier meal.  


3 large peppers-any color is fine-chopped
1 large onion-chopped
2 cans broth-I use vegetable broth
2 cans condensed tomato soup
1 can crushed tomatoes
1.5 cup rice

In a large saucepan cook the peppers and onions.  Stir in broth, soup, tomatoes, and rice.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. 

*I usually double the recipe and freeze leftovers for a quick lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment