Monday, August 5, 2013

Week In Fast Forward...

Heidi
 
Well the fam and I had a great weekend away in Norfolk, VA for my husband's family reunion.  The hubs and I went for a 4 mile walk on the waterfront there and saw so many runners.  I was a bit jealous I wasn't running.  I sometimes want to scream out, "I run too.  I am just walking with the hubs to make him feel better."  Ha Ha.  Now we are back and I am already not looking forward to this week.  I am off from work but we didn't go to Myrtle Beach as planned.  So now we are going to do some day trips around good old PA. 
 
Today started off with me finishing an appraisal then a 13 mile bike ride with Kristen.  It has been two weeks since our last ride and we felt every minute of it.  It is amazing how fast you lose your momentum and endurance.  I burned 474 calories though.  I need to fit something else in this evening.  I haven't decided what yet. 
 
Last week I decided to sign up for Swim Bike Mom's Eight to Great commitment challenge.
 
 
It starts today.  Basically I recommitted myself to eating clean and getting back on track with training for my first half.  So for the next few weeks (or at least until I am bored with writing about it) I will be writing about my meals and work outs.  I need something to keep me accountable besides Kristen. 
 
Tomorrow....is the dreaded long run.  In my own half assed training plan, I need to run 11 miles.  So I will get up super early, wake the 16 year old who is also training for his first half, and drive to Downingtown and run on the nice, shaded, FLAT  Struble Trail. 
 
 
I can barely get through these long runs, so the flatter, the better!!!!!  So what if it is a 40 minute drive to get there.  Better than running these ridiculous hills around here in Southern Chester County.  We are six weeks out from yesterday.  I figure if I do 11 tomorrow, 12 the next week, 13 the following two weeks in a row, then I can taper it back for the last two weeks.  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.  Unless of course my hip flexor tells me something different. 
 
As for the rest of the week, who knows??  Perhaps another bike ride or two.  A few swim workouts because Lord knows that hasn't been up to par lately either.  And of course two more runs.  3-4 miles each.  Oh and Kristen is making me go back to the gym and lift.  So there's that too.  My options are endless.  Now to find the energy to do it all. 
 
As for food so far today...
 
Breakfast:  Oatmeal with banana and blueberries.  No sugar added brewed tea.
 
AM Snack:  Chocolate milk recovery drink.  Apple Nutragrain  Bar (OK it has sugar and is processed but a girl's gotta live. Better than a caramel frappuccino from Starbucks)
 
Lunch:  It will be...Salad with tuna and some kind of fruit.  I really need to hit the grocery store.  (Who am I kidding...Troy needs to hit the grocery store!!!)
 
PM Snack:  Popcorn  (Perhaps it is a little bit processed.  But no refined sugar at least...)  and some kind of fruit if Troy ever goes to the grocery store.
 
Dinner:  Well Troy will be in one direction taking Tyler to soccer and I will be in a further opposite direction taking Haley to soccer.  So as usual, Troy will have to figure something out that is healthy.  I won't be home until after 9:00.  So I will be starving.  UGGHH  At least I will be near the Chester Valley Trail and I can either ride my bike (again) or walk my dog.  Not sure which I will want to do to waste time since my hip hurts.  Wish there was a pool there. 
 
That's it for Monday.  Can't wait for tomorrow...
 
 
 
Heidi's bike...haven't ridden it in two weeks.  It looks a bit lonely.
 


2 comments:

  1. Try popping your own popcorn (or have the kids do it) - I use 1 Tbs coconut oil & 1/4 cup popcorn in a big pan with a tight fitting lid. Heat on Medium High while shaking the pan back and forth - hold lid down. It is done when you don't hear/feel any more popping. Very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made popcorn that way since I was a kid. Thanks for the tip!!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete