Thursday, August 29, 2013

THE SMELLS OF RUNNING...

Heidi
 
 
So I ran three miles on Monday and then four miles yesterday (Wed.)  As I was running my endless one mile circles yesterday, I kept smelling some lovely smells of West Grove. 
 
 
You see, here in Southern Chester County, PA, it is called "mushroom country".  That being said, in order to grow said mushrooms, they use disgusting compost.  Yup, crap!!  Usually our neighborhood is spared by the smell but once in a while when it is foggy or raining (it was both yesterday), we can smell "the smell".  I have a hard enough time with my asthma trying to breath when I run but when you add on humidity and "the smell" it makes it ten times more difficult.
 
On the bright so though, when I ran the Turkey Hill Race in Lancaster County back in May, it smelled like total cow crap.  The whole race....cow dung!!!  The farmers were fertilizing.  Gross but running in smelly West Grove totally prepared me for breathing that lovely aroma in for the entire 3.1 miles. 
 
So as I ran my four laps yesterday I ran by one house that was doing laundry.  AHHHHH.......fabric softener.  Such a lovely smell on such a crappy run.   Delightful even. 
 
Moral of the story....I might go around to my neighbors houses and tell them to do their laundry around 8am so I don't have to smell gross smells....especially on the hill!! 
 
 What interesting smells do you all smell on your run???
 
 
(pictures courtesy of Pinterest....meaning I have no idea where they originated from)
 
I love baby cows!  Had a cow like this growing up and her name was "Daffy"...Mushrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment