Wednesday, August 21, 2013

5 Things I Hate about Disney



Kristen


On what is finally the eve of my trip-can you tell I am excited-I will share with you the ugly side of Disney.  Don't get me wrong-I truly love everything Disney has to offer, from the people on the other end of the phone to the big Mouse himself.  But as with all vacations, it's not all roses.

3.  Soarin is a fantastic ride not to be missed.  The queue line though is very very long.  One time we had just shown our fastpasses and were starting up the long ramp, when I feel the presence of this man behind me.  I pull over to the side and tell him to go ahead as I was with some slower people in our group.  He barrels past me without a thank you.  I continue on my march to the top.  Next thing I know, I feel a presence behind me with a loud voice almost shouting at me to get out of the way-she's trying to catch up to her husband.  I let her and her children pass without saying anything.  We finally make it to the top and this family is right in front of us.  To this day, I don't understand their hurry and why they had to so rudely shove past us.  When I asked them about their hurry, because I was VERY curious, they acted as if it was all my fault and I was holding them up.  I informed them that in the future their rudeness will get them nowhere as they could plainly see.

So to sum up-rude people make the list!

2.  The buses.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's fantastic that Disney has sort of solved a problem and allow their guests to travel freely between parks and hotels.  But it is seriously the biggest time waster of your day.  Each one way trip takes an hour in my estimation.  You wait at the bus stop, you wait to unload, you load, you load a wheelchair, you drive to your destination, you unload.  So very slow.  We started driving to Disney years ago and though I hate the drive down and back, I really think overall we are saving tons of hours each trip by having our van.  Each park is usually no more than 10 minutes away with no waiting.


1.  The drive home is pure torture to me.  Obviously, the drive down is filled with excitement of the week to come.  Driving home to PA is filled with endless traffic. Once we hit North Carolina, we could potentially double the length  of our trip by sitting in traffic.  No matter what day of the week we come home it is always the same-LONG!

Well there you have it, I could only come up with 3 things.  Not too bad and really at the end of the day Disney can only control one of the three.  Next time you hear from me, I will be in the most Magical Place on Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment