Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Why I Run
Kristen

I am married to a runner so people assume that I as well have always been a runner.  This is not true.  What is true is that I run to have a hobby with my husband.  We never run together, mind you, I am much too slow for that.  But we do have a common denominator after 15 years of marriage. 

The other reason I run is purely selfish.  It allows me to eat whatever I want to eat.  Ice-cream every day?  Sure.  Donuts at breakfast with the kids?  Why not.  Don't get me wrong-it's not all sugar, but it makes the middle age years a lot easier to handle. 

And finally, as my running has slowly improved I find that I actually enjoy it.  I enjoy it much more in the summer months when I wake with the birds and am home and drinking coffee by 6:30.  There is a peacefulness to starting your day with the sun.  There is a calmness to that part of the day-you know that in most of the houses you pass people will be sleeping for hours.  I for one am ahead of the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment