Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week in Review-The Endless Winter Addition



Kristen

Last January, we went to Disney to run the half marathon.  It was awesome and I remember thinking to myself that I would not run until spring came.  I think I ran maybe 3 times in February.  This January we were in California.  I wished that I could stop running but silly me decided to sign up for a marathon.  My husband makes up my training plans for me and he has had great success with the Hanson Plan.  He has decided that I should use that as my plan.  Since getting home from California 3.5 weeks ago I have been adjusting my legs to this plan.  I have one more week of semi-short runs and then the real training starts.  I really really hope endless winter is on its way out by then...

Monday:
Run 6 at 8:43 pace
I was going to take today off due to spending the day with a friend, but on my long drive home I decided my body would like to move a bit.  You never regret the run-ever!

Tuesday:
Run 5 at 9:11pace
I ran first thing in the morning-only about 15 hours after the day before which was a shock to the legs.

Wednesday:
Rest Day
I should have run today-snow was in the forecast for the next day, but I just couldn't muster up the energy.
 

Thursday:
Just did toning exercises for 45 minutes and an hour of shoveling.  I could have done another hour of shoveling but my body refused.

Friday:
Run 6.1 at 10:30 pace
The plow had not come through our neighborhood yet which is the cause of some of the pace.  I also stopped and chatted with all the neighbors who were out and helped an elderly man in another development get to his mailbox.  This was probably my favorite run of the entire winter though!  I also shoveled for another hour.

Saturday:
Run 4 at 10:00 pace. 
The roads still left a lot to be desired and with all the running I need to do I do not want to injure myself because of ice, so I went slow.  It's all about the miles...

Sunday:
Run 6 at 9:08 pace
The roads were finally mostly clear!  It's oh so cold out though-I dream about early morning spring/summer runs.  And yes, we have snow in the forecast for this week. 

#health  #fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment