Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Day 12-Jeff Kinney

Kristen

Today I am most thankful for Jeff Kinney author of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  My son who hates reading everything is passionate about these books.  He reads and rereads them.  My daughter reads them.  My younger son flips through them.
Jeff Kinney interview - Episode 139 Reading & Writing podcast
A new book came out last week, right before my son's birthday.  I had pre-ordered it from Scholastic.  My daughter locked herself in her room until she read it.  My son got it as a gift Friday night and spent the morning locked in his room reading it.  No other author can get my kids reading like Jeff Kinney.
My son dreaded to read assigned books in school. Then one year he got a teacher who told the students that he never assigns books.  He wanted them to choose the books they wanted to read. During our parent/teacher conference the teacher asked him what he learned in his class.  He turned to the teacher and said, “I leaned I really do love to read.” Quotes
Thank you Jeff Kinney for these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment